Learn how to set up and record audio for your podcast.
Techniques for cleaning up audio and setting it to broadcast standard.
Piece your episode together with intro & outro music, then create an MP3 ready for upload!
- 5 in-depth lessons
- 5 video tutorials
- 28.54 minute videos
Taught by: Mike Rusell
Adobe Audition Expert
Mike Russell is an audio production wizard, specializing in all things Adobe Audition. He runs audio branding company Music Radio Creative, who make jingles for radio, DJs, and podcasters.
Text: Getting Started: Adobe Audition with Mike Russell
Video: Intro & Audio Interface Setup (4:45)
– How to setup your audio interface to record and playback.
– Recording your first podcast in the Waveform view of Adobe Audition.
– Playing back the audio you’ve just recorded.
Video: Audio Levels & Noise Reduction (7:52)
– How to Normalize your audio to increase the volume.
– Using the Noise Reduction effect to remove unwanted sounds.
– Spotting noise in the Spectral Frequency View of Adobe Audition CC.
– Setting up a Noise Gate for your podcast.
– Rolling off bass rumble picked up by your podcast microphone.
Video: Top, Tail & Remove Mistakes (5:29)
– Top and tail your podcast using the Crop feature in Adobe Audition CC.
– Removing umhs and aahs in the Waveform view.
– Using the Spot Healing Brush tool to remove random clicks and pops.
Video: Insert Intros & Outros in Multitrack (6:41)
– Working in the Multitrack of Adobe Audition CC.
– Labeling, removing and adding individual tracks in Multitrack.
– Moving audio around in the Multitrack.
– Adding intros and outros and mixing with your podcast recording.
– Fading in, fading out music and adjusting audio volume levels.
Video: Mixdown & Save MP3 File (4:07)
– How to mixdown a Multitrack session to the Waveform view.
– Adjusting MP3 bitrate and sample settings.
– Saving your completed podcast as an MP3 file that is ready to ID3 tag and upload.
What Our Customers Are Saying
Don't just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
“My experience with ThePodCastHost made my podcast launch possible. I overcame a lot of my fears early on. I highly recommend The PodCast Host to anyone. I owe The PodCast Host a tremendous debt of gratitude.”
The Digital Wealth Digest Podcast
“I only have great things to say about The Podcast Host. Not only in the quality of their production work, but also with their knowledge and insights around technology, equipment & advice in podcasting.”
Director, The Property Voice
“Colin is the man when it comes to helping you launch a podcast or improving your podcasting skills. The online courses were invaluable and his advice along the way superb.”
Financial Advisor, The Voyantist
“As someone who literally had no idea how to go about starting a podcast I am so glad I found Colin! If I hadn’t signed up for the Producer Package then I know I would have become completely overwhelmed and would never have managed to bring my podcasting plans to fruition. I’m going to be honest and say that I worried about the monthly cost but I can safely say that it is indeed money well spent. The time I have saved trying to learn to do all of the things that Colin took off my hands has been spent creating good content and building my platform. Colin and the team have a great system going. Everything is streamlined and easy and [the team are] there as a mentor throughout. If you want to concentrate on creating great content for your show, hire the Podcast Host to worry about everything else!”
Julie Christie Photography
Despite my 30 years of experience in programme-making, Colin and his team’s insight into what makes a podcast compelling is invaluable. I would strongly advise any first-time podcaster to bring The Podcast Host on board as your podcast coach, partner and safety net. Both he and Matthew were calm, reassuring and had endless patience whenever I stumbled and got me back up and running quickly, with even more knowledge as a bonus. I honestly wouldn’t make a podcast without them and I’d strongly suggest, neither should you!
CEO, Broadstance Media
Colin and his team have been a massive help in setting up our series of podcasts. My colleagues and I went into the world of podcasting knowing nothing. However with Colin’s support, it turned a really legal podcast into something fresh and exciting. The Podcast Host was instrumental in assisting us, from a theme tune to giving us useful content to use in our podcasts. We have turned from Podcast Plebs into to Podcast Prim-donnas! We would recommend The Podcast Host to anyone.
Partner & Specialist in Employment Law, Blackadders LLP
Still Not Sure? Don't Be Shy
We're always happy to chat. Email us here, or tweet @thepodcasthost if you're feeling social!