You have an idea for a podcast, you might even have a plan. But where do you start?
Finally start your podcast is a quick, accessible, and low friction way of planning and growing a successful podcast.
Each section (or microstep) is a decision or task, and the idea is that, within about 15 minutes, you can either make a plan around it, implement it or disregard it altogether. There’s no “fat” in this book – just the essential info you need to get clued up and on your way.
It’s not unusual to have lots of questions, but some might be holding you back from starting at all. Stopping you from taking action.
You’ve probably already tried to get answers, and if it’s anything like our experience starting out – feeling mighty overwhelmed.
We value your time, so every single word in this book has earned its place. We’ll get you to where you need to be without any detours or padding.
Most podcasters quit because they’ve not done the groundwork. We’ll teach you how to build your foundations swiftly, efficiently, and without procrastination.
Where anything needs a deeper dive, we provide free follow-up resources for you to explore.
Easy to Navigate
Each step is broken down into a logical order and designed in a way that’ll inspire and motivate you.
Why This Book, By Us?
- At The Podcast Host, we’ve been writing ‘how to podcast’ content for the past decade.
- This book draws together the authors’ combined 30 years of podcasting experience.
- In that time, we’ve launched a lot of podcasts, and learned many lessons along the way.
- We can save you time and money by telling you what works, and what doesn’t.
- We can help you launch a podcast that exists far beyond those exciting first few weeks.
- This is the ultimate ‘how to launch’ book we wish we had when we were starting out.
Table of Contents
- Laying the foundations of success
- Names, descriptions, & art
- Equipment & sound quality
- Your podcast software stack
- Launch & distribution
- Creating great content
- Scripts, hooks, & CTAs
- Being great in front of the mic
- Interviews & guests
- Podcast music
- Editing & production
- Your podcast website
Here’s the full list of chapters you’ll find inside Finally start your podcast:
By all means, read the book cover to cover – we hope you do. But, you can just as easily open it up at the chapter that looks the most appealing to you and start from there.
With each stage and strategy you commit to, be sure to give it the time and attention it needs to be successful. Better to do fewer things well than to do loads of things half-heartedly.
What Our Clients Say
We’ve helped thousands of people to grow their own thriving podcasts. Will you be next?
The Podcast Host is a podcast marketing hub for individuals and businesses seeking to nurture an audience, build trust, and grow revenue through their show or products.
The website was founded in 2010 by Dr Colin Gray and has become an authority in the new media space through writing, podcasting, and broadcasting on anything that serves to create loyal and fanatical fans.