Building an audience is tough! Do you work hard to create the best possible content for your target audience? Do you continually wonder why your download numbers remain so flat and… unspectacular?
This book pulls together our favourite tips and tactics for podcast growth, based on over a decade of professional experience.
It has always been a challenge to grow a sizable and dedicated audience around content creation. There's a lot more to it than saying, “build it and they will come”. And, as new podcasts are launched each day, the space will only continue to get noisier. The competition gets stiffer.
Fortunately, you don't need to worry about all the other podcasts out there. You only need to worry about your own. In Podcast Growth, you'll have the ultimate manual for promoting your show, and growing your audience.
This book pulls together our favourite tips and tactics for podcast growth, based on over a decade of professional experience. We break them down into actionable strategies. You can work through them in order, or cherry-pick the ones that suit your content and brand the most.
If you want to grow your podcast audience, then this is the only book you need. So, let's grow!
You'll find details on timeframes, checklists, and recommended resources, to keep you moving forward. You'll see those download numbers begin to climb. Your long-awaited engagement will start to increase.
A Book Designed to Inspire Action
This book is split into 13 Chapters, each one focusing on a particular avenue of growth, from podcast advertising to organic social media.
We tell you how much time you'll need for each task, as well as what level your podcast should be at to get the most from it.
Find tasks to suit any budget or time constraints, from quick wins to slow burns that'll reap rewards far into the future.
Use our free Podcast Growth Plan chart to organise your aims, set your goals, and track your progress.
Each chapter is broken down into tasks, that explain the Where, the Why, and the How.
Our step-by-step instructions walk you through each task.
Why This Book, By Us?
- At The Podcast Host, we've been writing ‘how to podcast' content for the past decade.
- One of the most frequently asked questions we get asked is “how can I grow my podcast audience?”.
- Many podcasters give up too quickly because they are frustrated by their lack of growth.
- “I've tried everything to grow my audience” is an often-repeated phrase we hear.
- There's no one single silver bullet strategy for growing an audience around your content – it's all about stacking conditions in your favour.
- This book contains over 80 actionable strategies for growing your podcast – each broken down into easy to digest chunks.
- This book is the ultimate manual for creating your own unique podcast growth strategy.
Table of Contents
- Enabling Your Existing Audience
- Growing Your Audience By Knowing Your Audience
- Running Live Events
- Being Found Easily
- Podcast Directories
- Online Communities
- Helping Yourself By Helping Others
- Attending Live Events
- New Visibility
- Advertising Your Podcast
- Guerrilla Marketing & Merchandise
- Growth Through Repurposing
- Organic Social Media
Here's the full list of chapters you'll find inside Podcast Growth:
By all means, read the book cover to cover – we hope you do. But, you can just as easily open it up at the chapter that looks the most appealing to you, and start from there.
With each growth strategy you commit to, be sure to give it the time and attention it needs to be successful. Better to do fewer things well, than to do loads of things in a half-hearted manner.
What Our Clients Say
We've helped thousands of people to grow their own thriving podcasts. Will you be next?
The Podcast Host is a podcast marketing hub for individuals and businesses who seek to nurture an audience, build trust, and grow revenue through their show or their products.
The website was founded in 2010 by Dr. Colin Gray, and has become an authority in the new media space through writing, podcasting, and broadcasting on anything that serves to create loyal and fanatical fans.