In this episode we’ll cover why you might want to use a digital recorder in your podcasting efforts, and how to choose the best one for you.
We’ve discussed digital recorders in the past, and in fact you can find current definitive guide here: The Best Digital Podcast Recorders on the Market. This episode discusses the very same stuff with a little extra detail.
Why Might you Need a Digital Recorder for Podcasting?
- Mobile recording – capture an interview any time, any place
- Risk mitigation – avoid recording to a computer and the crash risk that poses
- Backup – Record to Digitial Recorder PLUS PC for the best of both worlds
What Digital Recorder Should I Buy?
Each option depends on your own unique situation, show format, and budget.
- Zoom H1 or Tascam DR-05 – the lower cost ‘lite' models
- Zoom H4 – mid-range option
- Zoom H5 or Zoom H6 – premium options
- Alitu: The Podcast Maker App automates your podcast production
- The Podcast Host Academy – work with us to plan, launch, and grow your podcast