In the first episode of our tenth season of Podcraft we decide to re-evaluate the basics. As a celebration of our tenth season anniversaray, we are re-examining and re-recording the topics we discussed in Season one.
Episode one looks at the benefits of podcasting.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 1: Engagement
- Voice engages audience. This builds Trust. Trust sells a product.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 2: Attention
- Consumers like to skim read Web. Your Podcast needs to get their attention.
- You want listeners to listen to your Podcast in the same way they’d watch a long video online.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 3: Flexibility
- Listeners need to be able to consume your content on the go.
- Your audio needs to work around their schedule.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 4: Social Media
- Michael Stelzner’s Social Media Study
- Social Media is a busy medium, hard to get your voice out there.
- Podcasting is still new and there are plenty of topics without much coverage.
- It’s not about having a Blog or Social Media, it’s about using it well.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 5: Different Learning Styles
- Howard Garner’s Multiple Intelligences
- You may wish to think about releasing content for your Podcast on Text too.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 6: Credibility
- Podcasting is in its infancy, it is achievable to create a popular Podcast.
- You can be a thought leader.
- A well made show, with good production will make you sound instantly professional.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 7: Increase Your Exposure
- Make your podcast easy to find on Search Engines.
- Upload your podcast to various platforms.
- Re-purpose your content for Video platforms.
Benefits Of Podcasting Number 8: Working Your Niche
- There are always people interested in your niche.
- When you have customers, they’re interested in your offerings.
If you’re thinking of creating a podcast, but would like assistance in putting your recordings together, we can help to produce your podcast.
If editing is something you’d like to learn more about, you should think about joining our Academy. We’ll give you the tutoring you need to be able to create your very own podcast or series of podcasts.