Early 2018, we released our new web application – Alitu: The Podcast Maker. It's designed to make it really easy to create a podcast.
What Does Alitu Do?
The user can upload a video or an audio file, and Alitu can process it to clean it up, add their audio branding, and publish it automatically. We also provide a range of other features to allow the user to edit and arrange those files and create their final episode for publishing.
What are We Looking For?
We're looking for a backend developer, with some devops experience, to come on-board and help us grow. If you're an audio geek too, even better – that's our core business – but video and media in general is also bread and butter for Alitu.
Our plans for the future are huge – we have a big list of features we want to get into the app, and we're now on the path from 1000 to 10,000 users. We need you to help us build a rock-solid, reliable tool for those users, and to work with us to build the new features that'll keep them excited.
Who is this for?
We're looking for someone with at least 2 year's experience in backend development, or a closely related field, for this:
- 2+ years in a back-end or devops role, primarily Node.js and AWS infrastructure management.
- Develop new features and media processors for our existing node.js based application
- Maintain and optimise the running of our application on AWS
- Plan for scaling and improving the performance of the entire Alitu infrastructure
- Maintain and develop the RestfulAPI which links our back-end system to the application UI.
- Develop linkages with new external systems via API
- Develop our CI/CD process to be rock-solid and reliable.
The abilities to learn and problem solve are more important than the exact skills you have. So, if you don't currently work with ALL of these, but you can show us you've learned similar quickly, then get in touch.
- Node.js development
- AWS application management
- Devops engineering
- Monitoring tools – Zabbix / Grafana
These skills are a bonus, but not necessary. Let me know if you have them.
- Experience in audio editing/encoding using ffmpeg
- Experience in video editing/encoding using ffmpeg
- Fargate and/or Docker for containerisation
- Jenkins for CI/CD
- Configuration management (Terraform, or similar)
- React Native (our front-end tech)
How it Works
- Salary – Competitive, depending on experience & skills
- Hours – Flexible – 3 to 5 days per week.
- Benefits – The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay, pensions, staff parties, etc.
- Benefits – We'll pay for courses, equipment, and conference attendance to help your development.
- Schedule – Flexible hours – we can work around your schedule.
- Location – local or Remote. We're based in Dundee, and you're welcome to work in our office. But you can be anywhere for this role.
How to Apply
If interested, please send in your CV, and a cover letter which includes the following:
- Your weekly availability, and desired regular hours.
- All of the frameworks and technologies in which you're proficient.
- Examples of the work you've done around the essential requirements above.
- Examples, if you have them, of any of the desired experience points above.
For More Information
If you want to ask any questions, please email Colin Gray at admin (at) thepodcasthost.com.