Work from anywhere, flexible-hours, react developer with web graphics experience
Closing Date: When we find the right person, so apply fast 🚀
What Will You Work On?
Early 2018, we released our ‘Podcast Maker' web application – Alitu: The Podcast Maker. It's designed to automate podcast production for regular Podcasters and content creators. The user can upload an audio file, and our system can clean it up, add their branding and publish it, all automatically.
We also provide a range of other features to allow the user to record themselves, edit recordings and upload, add music and various other things required to create a great podcast.
What's the Job?
We're looking for one or more front-end developers to take on regular work on the app, to help us grow. We're built on React, so React experience is essential. As is a creative eye for solving UX and UI problems, since much of what we're creating in Alitu is a first for the web.
Finally, if you're an audio geek too, even better – that's our core business – but work in audio or video streaming, editing or encoding is also great experience for Alitu. None of that is a requirements, though, just bonus points.
Our plans for the future are huge – we have a big list of features we want to get into the app, and we're now on the path from 1,000 users to 10,000. We need you to help us build a rock-solid, reliable tool for those users, and to work with us to build the new features that'll keep them excited.
We're looking for the following skills >
- Web graphics: HTML5 canvas, WebGL or similar
Even better if you have experience with any of:
- Media production experience – video and/or audio
- NodeJS experience
The big challenge here is creating an interface to allow our average user to carry out a set of quite complex tasks with their media. We need to let them do this in a really simple and easy way.
I’m looking for someone who will enjoy this creative challenge. I need you to help me rethink a process that currently intimidates or repels a large number of the people we work with. If you have experience in working with media (eg. audio or video editing), then that may be an advantage. Or, it might even be a disadvantage – we want to get away from existing ways of thinking.
In short, we need:
- A creative mind, able to rethink and redesign an age-old process
- A passion for making things simple, simple, simple
- A real aptitude for great UX design and creating intuitive workflows
- If you have a genuine interest in podcasting, even better!
Your mindset is really important to us, too. Values, culture, whatever you call it, it's how you think. Now, this doesn't mean everyone having the same thoughts, beliefs or background. Quite the opposite – we're passionate about bringing in diverse ideas and opinions, from all backgrounds. But your mindset is more about how you approach things like work and communication. Learn more about how we think on our main recruitment page, and check you'd enjoy working here 😊
How it Works
- Salary – £35,000 to £45,000 / $45,000 to $57,000 USD
- Hours – Flexible Full-time – 4 to 5 days per week.
- Benefits – The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay, pensions, staff parties, etc.
- Benefits – We'll pay for courses, equipment, and conference attendance to help your development.
- Schedule – Flexible hours – we can work around your schedule.
- Location – local or Remote. We're based in Dundee, and in Edinburgh, and you're welcome to work in one of our offices. But you can be anywhere for this role.
How to Apply
Please pop over to the form below, and fill it out:
Any questions, just tweet us on @thepodcasthost or email us here.