Do you live and breathe SEO, online content and technical marketing? Are you fired up about audience growth and digital marketing? If so, we need you to help grow our traffic and our audience through great SEO and technical work.
Closing date: As soon as we find the right person! So, apply quick 🚀
Your job is to figure out what content we need to produce, and how to get it in front of as many eyeballs as we can. That means the start of the process, such as keyword research, competitor research and onpage optimisation. But it also means the other end, such as optimising our existing content, relationship building and attribution tracking.
At the end of the day, your goal is to attract more website visitors, more podcast listeners and more YouTube viewers, which leads to more SAAS members for Alitu.com, and customers for our catalog of online courses.
This role requires extensive SEO and technical marketing experience, a passion for marketing stats and experiments, and, hopefully, some experience in helping to grow the userbase of an online product, SAAS or otherwise.
You'll work alongside an experienced content team, and bring your experience to grow and add to what we're already doing.
What do We Do?
Our core area of work is podcasting: helping others launch and grow an amazing, world-changing show. We publish a range of free resources on a regular basis at thePodcastHost.com, and we direct anyone who needs more help to our coaching and web app products.
Here's how our company works, and you'll contribute to growing all 3:
- Supporting a close community of all-in media creators within our paid course library: The Podcast Host Academy. The community contains courses, resources and live-taught events to help anyone learn how to run a better show.
- Running a Software as a Service (SAAS) web application, Alitu, which is a tool to help people create a podcast. SAAS growth & marketing is a really interesting and growing area, and you'll help us create our strategy around that.
- Affiliate and Sponsorship related to our free content. This means researching customer problems and needs, and creating content that really helps them. This is then monetised through product recommendations, sponsorship and other methods.
Who are we Looking For?
We're looking for someone with at least 3 years of SEO experience, at a minimum. That means working for a company in this role, or being paid by clients to do the work. Or, it could mean growing your own set of websites to significant levels, and earning a living from that. In short, you need to have multi-year, proven experience in helping to create optimised, targetted content and growing traffic to significant levels.
You'll be able to manage your own work, keep up with current trends and use them to improve our own SEO strategies and campaigns. You be in a position to learn from our Content Manager, and our CEO, who has an extensive marketing, growth and success background, but we're expecting you to take hold of our site growth, and lead it.
In a perfect world, you'll have worked in a company that sells digital products, whether information, SAAS or services. But, we're willing to consider other backgrounds, if you can show a passion for growing traffic online.
Also, bonus points if you're a big podcast listener (or even creator!), and know the industry well. But, as long as you read a lot of blogs, or are a connoisseur of YouTube, then that's a start. You need to live and breathe digital media, in at least one form.
- SEO: we're looking for someone with at least 3 years of professional SEO experience.
- Technical Marketing – using analytics to evaluate campaigns and formulate new ones, technical SEO audits, a/b testing and analysis, funnel setup and tracking, google tag manager, etc.
- Project management, logistics and detail: You'll be managing the SEO strategy and helping to direct content creation, as well as quite a few other things.
- Podcasting experience: having run a podcast
- Personal audience growth: having grown your own website online
- Paid advertising: Google or social PPC
- Experience in WordPress speed optimisation
- Experience in technical optimisation, tinkering with WordPress code, 301 redirects, etc.
- Conversion rate optimisation experience
- Be a good writer, and online communicator
- Native English speaker, or at a fluent speaking level
- You have a dedicated working space (eg. home office, not working at cafes!)
How it Works
- Salary – £25,000 to £35,000 / $33,000 USD to $45,000 USD depending on experience.
- Hours – Flexible – from half week (20hrs) to full week (40 hrs)
- Schedule – Flexible working hours.
- Location – Primarily remote, but we have offices in Dundee and Edinburgh, Scotland, and Adelaide, Australia, if you prefer to work in person.
- Benefits – The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay (4 weeks per year), pensions, staff parties, etc. We're still small, so we can't quite compete with huge open offices and tonnes of freebies, but we make up for that in flexibility, balance, a close-knit team, and your ability to really make a difference in an early stage, growing company with a loyal fanbase.
How to Apply
Please pop over to the form below, and fill it out:
More About us and our Culture
We're focused on being the #1 Podcasting resource on the internet, and we're looking anyone that can commit to being all-in on that goal. Our aim it to enable anyone and everyone to get their voice and their message out into the world and make a difference!
We're a remote-first startup, with staff based around the world. We started in Dundee, Scotland, but we're looking for great people everywhere! We've grown out of the founder's passion for podcasting and education, and are growing a team that share that passion.
We're profit focussed, and haven't taken any equity based funding at all. We're happy to grow in an organic and smart way, validating what we've got as we go, but that doesn't mean we don't have the drive to move fast!
We know people want what we've got – we have a thriving content website with hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors, a coaching space with hundreds of members, and a software product with 1000s of subscribers. We want to get our education and our tools out to everyone who needs them, though, and help everyone to get their voice out into the world. We're looking for digital media nuts to join us for the ride.
Here's what this means to us:
- Success and creativity is recognised and rewarded
- Continued success > means growth > means career progression
- Every opinion counts. Get involved now and shape what this company becomes
- Work on a team where everyone LOVES what they do!