This page is designed to guide you, visually, through the podcast subscription process in 4 of the main platforms. You’ll find out here how to subscribe to your favourite shows, and what software you need to do so. Choose your platform below:
- Subscribing to a Podcast in iTunes
- Subscribing to a Podcast on Android
- Subscribing to a Podcast in Stitcher
- Subscribing to a Podcast on Blackberry
1. Download iTunes to your computer, if you don’t have it installed yet. Click here to download iTunes. Follow the instructions after downloading to successfully install iTunes on your computer.
2. Once you have iTunes installed, find the main screen. There you will see a Search box where you can type in the specific podcast that you’re looking for. For example, type in “PodCraft with Colin Gray”. You have to be specific in searching for the podcast that you want to subscribe to, to achieve a successful search result.
3. Click the podcast you’re looking for. The podcast page will appear which includes details of the podcast, ratings and reviews, and a Related Podcasts section.
4. To subscribe to the podcast, select the SUBSCRIBE button which appears in the left side of the screen. You can also choose to Tell a Friend, Share on Twitter, Share on Facebook and Copy Link the podcast by clicking the dropdown list of the SUBSCRIBE button.
5. After clicking the SUBSCRIBE button, a pop-up button will appear, just select Subscribe to confirm your subscription to the Podcast.
6. After confirming your subscription, the most recent episode of the podcast will be displayed in your library just as soon as it has finished downloading. Click the Library button to check your library.
7. Click the PLAY icon to listen to newest episode of the Podcast.
- To download a podcast just go into the Blackberry Podcasts app and select the one you wish to download.
- To display an indicator when new podcasts have downloaded go to settings, select the “Display new Podcast alerts” checkbox.
- To turn off explicit content go to settings and clear the “Allow explicit content” checkbox.
- Set how many podcast episodes your PlayBook keeps, go to settings and change the “When new episodes arrive, keep” field.
- Subscribe to a podcast channel by searching for the Podcast channel you want or select from the list of podcast channels available
- Select a podcast channel you want and click “Subscribe”.
1. Install the Stitcher app on your mobile device. Once it’s installed, you can start using Stitcher on your mobile device.
2. Use the SEARCH button to find the Podcast you wish to subscribe to or choose from the whole list of Podcast selections. Ex. Mountain Bikes Apart podcast
3. Multiple search results will appear based on your search. Select the Podcast you desire.
4. Information about the Podcast will appear such as Details about the Podcast and Episodes of the Podcast.
5. Click the + icon found on the right upper portion of the podcast to add that podcast to your playlist.
6. You can now enjoy listening to the episodes of the Podcast.
1. Install the BeyondPod app on your mobile device. Once it’s installed, you can start using the app on your mobile device.
2. From the main page, click the + Add Feed button on the right lower section of your screen.
3. Use the SEARCH box to find the Podcast you wish to subscribe to. Type in “Mountain Bikes Apart” podcast for example.
4. The Podcast you search will then appear. Click the Subscribe button to add the Podcast in your feed.
5. Choose a category to where you want to add your new feed or create a new category for the feed.
6. Go back to the Main page and select the category where you added the new feed. Click the Podcast and all the Podcast episodes will appear and be ready for listening.
Get Better Interviews with our Skype Checklist for Guests
Download our pro-designed checklist for interview guests. It makes you look great & side-steps interview disasters.