We’re looking for an energetic, unstoppable content creator to write, podcast and broadcast for our audience, all the time being unfeasibly helpful and engaging to the people that love our work. Your goal is to attract more website visitors, more fans and more leads for our products. This role requires excellent writing and speaking skills, front and centre. Next, we're looking for creativity, attention to detail and the ability to manage your own projects.
Our core area of work is podcasting: teaching others how to launch, grow and monetise their own show. We publish a range of free resources on a regular basis; blogging daily, podcasting 2 or 3 times a week and producing videos and tutorials as needed. We also engage on social media, interacting with fans of the website and answering questions. Finally, we support a close community of all-in media creators within our paid membership site, FanFission. The community contains courses, resources, live-taught events and in-depth forum support.
We're looking for someone with experience in digital media at a minimum, and preferably in Podcasting or radio specifically. It's something we can teach you quickly, though, so if you're a great content producer with no podcasting experience, then we still want to hear from you. The main thing is, you've created media, engaging media, on a regular basis, for at least a year. You've started to nurture an audience, and you'd love to do that more.
The core skill for this role is writing: you should be able to write excellent, engaging content, both for the written and the spoken form. Next comes presenting skills, putting yourself across well through the audio and video mediums. Finally, project management, logistics and detail. You'll be managing the content output of the company.
Relevant backgrounds for this role include: writers, journalists, radio, media or marketing. If you're something different, but you feel you still meet the requirements below, feel free to apply.
The closing date for applications is the 22nd of January, 2017.
- Plan, record, edit and produce podcasts on a weekly basis
- Blog on regular basis with the aim of growing site visitors and email list subscribers
- Create short videos and tutorials: answering questions and engaging with the community
- Manage and edit content provided by external writers or guest bloggers
- Contribute to the weekly email newsletter which goes out to our community
- Reach out to external contacts to build networks in the digital media industry
- Take on aspects of our social media marketing process, from twitter to Instagram and more
- Help support FanFission through forum discussions, course contributions and live sessions
- Be creative! Come up with new ideas to help and delight our audience. Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in
- Written and verbal communication skills – excellent on both counts!
- 1 year producing regular content for the web in at least one channel – blog, podcast or video.
- 1 year experience in building an audience (not just your pals) on social media.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Native English speaker
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite – Premiere and Audition particularly.
- Experience with online data/marketing tools, such as Google Analytics, Convertkit or Hootsuite.
- Relevant college degree.
- Podcasting experience!
How to Apply
Please send us the following using the form below:
- Your CV
- A cover letter explaining why you're perfect for us (max 400 words)
- A blog article titled: The Content Marketing Trends You Need to Watch in 2017 (max 500 words). Please read our site style guide carefully, and follow the advice within
- A 60 second clip (audio or video, you choose) answering the question: What's the Best Thing You Did in 2016?
What's in it for You
We're a startup based in Dundee, Scotland, but you don't need to be. This can be a long-distance relationship. The main thing is, we're focused on being the #1 Podcasting resource on the internet, and you have to be all-in on that goal. We've grown out of the founder's passion for podcasting and education, and are growing a team that share that passion. We've had validation of our model, our ethos and our approach through support and funding, and plan to use this to grow what we do rapidly in the coming year. We're looking for digital media nuts to join us for the ride.
Here's what this means to us:
- Success and creativity is recognised and rewarded
- Continued success > means growth > means career progression
- Every opinion counts. Get involved now and shape what this company becomes
- Work on a team where everyone LOVES what they do!
- If you do want to move, become a part of Dundee's thriving digital media scene
Here's what it means to you:
- Salary – £15500 pro rata, and a solid plan for increasing this along with turnover, as we grow.
- Hours – 28 hours per week (4 full days, or split over 5) although open to negotiation for the right person.
- Benefits – The usual basics, but growing as we do: 5.6 weeks holiday, pensions, staff parties, etc.
- Schedule – Flexible hours, as long as you fill them and get the work done.
- Location – Flexible! We can work remotely with any location in the world.
If you have any questions, just get in touch – the details are all on our contact page.