Do you love digital media, online content and, of course, podcasting? If so, do you think you can help podcasters to use our products in order to create great shows?
We’re looking for someone to join the team and help us with retention and growth on both Alitu and our Podcasting Academy. Retention means helping people, creating great support resources and improving onboarding so people stay with us longer. And growth means reaching new potential customers through content & marketing.
Your job is to be ridiculously helpful and engaging to the people that use our products. They get in touch every day, via email and live chat, and need your help to solve problems, jump barriers and create great shows. That’s the core of this job – talking to our audience and our customers, to help them achieve their own podcasting aims.
But, beyond that, it also leads into growth. We need you to use that knowledge of our customers – the problems they have, the pains they experience, the NEEDs inside them – and use it to help us grow what we do. That means helping with marketing, from article writing, to podcasting, to video creation, to social media, to ANYTHING that helps us reach more people.
So, you’ll be in customer happiness in both senses – making our existing customers happier, and making things that make potential customers happy.
What do We Do?
Our core area of work is podcasting: teaching others how to launch, grow and monetise their own show and providing tools to make it easy. We publish a range of free resources on thePodcastHost.com on a regular basis; blogging daily, podcasting 2 or 3 times a week and producing videos and written tutorials as needed. And we run alitu.com, which is our podasting web app, allowing people to skip the tech hurdles and really easily produce a show.
Alongside Alitu, our other paid product is our Podcast Host Academy. In there we support a close community of all-in media creators. This subscription community contains courses, resources, live-taught events and in-depth forum support.
Who are we Looking For?
We’re not looking for someone with huge experience here. This can be an entry-level job where we’ll train you up in the world of customer services and digital media. But, if you have a lot of experience in blogging, podcasting or video production, and customer services alongside, then that’s a big plus, and we can adjust the salary as a result.
That’s all stuff we teach for a living, though, so the main requirement is a passion for consuming digital media – if you read a lot of blogs, listen to a lot of podcasts, or are a connoisseur of YouTube, then that’s a great start. You need to live and breathe this world.
The core skill for this role is written communication. That’s how we communicate with our customers most often, and it’s how we create the bulk of our content, on the blog. You should be able to write excellent, engaging content, both for the written and the spoken form.
Next comes marketing – have you experience in any areas of marketing or sales? That’ll count for a lot in this role.
Finally, project management, logistics and detail. You’ll be managing a lot of your own projects, and you’ll take charge of a number of areas of how our business runs.
What Experience Does This Suit?
If you’ve worked in any of the following, you’ll be on the right lines:
- Customer services
- Customer support
- Growth related roles
And if you’re still a student, but studying any subjects related to that, we’d still like to talk to you.
When is the Closing Date?
The closing date for this role is open-ended. We’ll be hiring more than 1 person, so we’d like to talk to you at any time.
- Answer customer questions on our live chat support
- Monitor and answer customer questions by email
- Create support resources (videos & text) based on common questions
- Customer outreach via surveys & emails
- Creating content to market what we do, from text, to video to podcasts
- Managing social media for all of our channels
- Inventing creative marketing campaigns to grow our visibility
- Attending podcast related events, internationally
- Be a good writer, both long form and live communication.
- Be comfortable presenting on audio or video.
- Native English speaker, or at an entirely fluent speaking level.
- Living in PST time zone, or able to work during the hours of 9am to 8pm PST (not all at once!)
- Already producing regular content for the web in at least one channel – blog, podcast or video.
- Customer support experience
- Marketing experience
- Previous experience in building an audience (not just your pals) on social media.
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with online data/marketing tools, such as Google Analytics, Convertkit or Hootsuite.
- Podcasting experience!
How it Works
- Salary – $25,000 – $35,000 for standard level, and upwards for more experience.
- Hours – Part-time or full-time – from 15 to 35 hours per week.
- Benefits – The usual basics, and growing as we do: holiday pay, pensions, staff parties, etc.
- Schedule – 8 hour shifts, normally 9 to 5, PST, but sometimes until 8pm PST.
- Location – Anywhere! But USA-based preferred, simply because of the hours of work.
How to Apply
Please send us the following:
1. Video cover letter – 2 MINUTES MAXIMUM
Record a video – quality doesn’t matter, just handhold your phone if needed – telling me the top 3 to 5 reasons why you think you’re suited to the job. Upload it to Youtube or Vimeo (make it private!), or simply send me a Dropbox link.
2. Social media links
Send me a link to your favourite social media profile, plus 1 or 2 others if relevant.
3. Relevant jobs
If you’ve done any similar jobs, send me the name of the company, and 1 sentence on what you did with them.
Send all 3 via email to admin at thepodcasthost.com and use the subject line – “growth and retention role application”.
Any questions, just tweet me on @thepodcasthost.
PS – for extra credit, we have a guide on how to get a job in podcasting. Just sayin’…
What’s in it for You
We’re a startup based in Dundee, Scotland, and we’re looking for great people. The main thing is, we’re focused on being the #1 Podcasting resource on the internet, and you have to be all-in on that goal.
We’ve grown out of the founder’s passion for podcasting and education, and are growing a team that share that passion.
We’ve had validation of our model, our ethos and our approach through support and funding, and plan to use this to grow what we do rapidly in the coming year. We’re looking for digital media nuts to join us for the ride.
Here’s what this means to us:
- Success and creativity is recognised and rewarded
- Continued success > means growth > means career progression
- Every opinion counts. Get involved now and shape what this company becomes
- Work on a team where everyone LOVES what they do!