Are You a Student Studying in Scotland?
Got a Great Idea for an Audio Series?
The Podcast Host Ltd. is giving students in Scotland the opportunity to get their own podcast series off to the best possible start with our Podcast Scholarship competition, in association with Spreaker
The winner will receive
- £400 to help fund their show
- Pro-level podcasting kit for recording your episodes
- One year's free media hosting with Spreaker
- Full access to our Audacity audio editing course
- Full access to our Podcast Liberation course
- Mentorship and guidance on planning & launching your series
This support will help students to develop their pitch from the idea stage, right through to being available for download on iTunes and other podcast directories.
Am I Eligible?
If you're currently studying in Scotland, then yes.
It doesn't matter…
- What you're studying (it isn't exclusively limited to media students)
- Where you're studying
- What level you're studying at
- If you're a full time or part time student
Still not sure? Tweet us.
What do I Need to Do?
Ideas for engaging, entertaining, and informative podcasts should be submitted in pitch form before Tuesday 31st January 2017. Here's some guidance on the form:
College/University & Course:
Podcast Series Name: Remember, potential listeners should be able to find your show easily in a search.
Elevator Pitch: Describe your show in 3 sentences or less.
Target Audience: Keep in mind the saying “If your podcast is for everyone, it’s for no one”
Format: Will you talk alone, with a co-host, or do interviews? Will it be a collection of narrated stories, a serialised audio drama, or a documentary style show?
Purpose: (Max 200 words) In your podcast, you might want to provide information, hints or tips on how to do something that you have a bit of knowledge in. You might interview people in a certain area or field about a topic. Or you might want to create a fictional story to entertain people. There’s far more options than this too, just make sure it serves a purpose and you know what that purpose is.